3 Worst Things People Do For Their Skin
1. Coffee – The caffeine levels in an average serving of coffee are high enough to act as a diuretic – which actually pulls water from the body and organs, which often results in a few trips to the bathroom. Dry and flaky skin is often a common side effect of dehydration. A simple solution to this would be to match or even double your water consumption to the amounts of coffee you drink.
2. Stress – Stress is linked to high levels of cortisol, a stress hormone that breaks down collagen, increases oil production and causes inflammation. What is one of the most common side effect of imbalanced hormones? Breakouts. The best ways to combat stress and sooth and improve your skin are sleep, exercise (sweating is a great way to release toxins in the skin) and meditation.
3. Pollutants/toxins – re aware you become of how and what is going into your body, you’ll realize how much your skin has to work to keep YOU healthy. Pitch in and give your skin’s defenses a break. Avoid any harsh or potent chemicals or lotions, although they are used to aid or cure one ailment, they could be causing more of them indirectly. Pure is best. Always.
Sweet Skin Soother
2 carrot sticks OR 1 peeled orange (improves complexion / glow of skin)
2 cucumbers (very hydrating, high in silicon – a vital mineral for tissue connectivity)
1 lemon – peeled (great for detoxifying and alkalizing )
1 apple (hydrates)
1 inch aloe vera (helps detoxify and maintain elasticity of the skin)
Try this juice for a boost of skin enhancing minerals that will help your skin glow and glisten this summer. This vitamin packed juice is also a perfect way to refresh and relax on a warm afternoon. Revitalize your skin from the inside out!
I have read several articles on the benefits of warm lemon water and lemons as a detox and skin care help.
“Warm water stimulates peristalsis in the digestive tract – the muscle contractions that keep things moving, so to speak. In addition, the vitamins and minerals in lemons may help loosen toxins in the digestive tract. Because lemon is a natural diuretic, it may help flush toxins from the body more rapidly. Lemon juice may also help purge toxins from the blood, for clearer skin.” Source: actifirm.com
(NaturalNews) Oil pulling is said to be a powerful means of maintaining good health as well as an effective cure for a variety of ills. This is an ancient technique, first described in 5,000-year-old Ayurvedic texts. The practice is simple. Soon after waking, before eating or brushing your teeth, swish your mouth with a spoonful of high quality oil in order to “pull” bacteria, parasites and other toxins from your teeth and mucus membranes.
Oil pulling is incredibly simple and effective.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Put about a tablespoon of oil in your mouth.
2. Swish the oil around your mouth for about 10-20 minutes.
3. Spit out the oil, then brush your teeth.
I found the best app for my iPad last night! All in one. It is easy to use, has everything I need all in one place. I am very pleased with it. Some things this app can do:
★ Key Features:
• Plan out your meals exactly how you like them, as far out as you like
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry to make meal planning and shopping lists simple
• With the advanced pantry, you can track quantities of items in your pantry and have it auto adjust based on meal plan usage. You can also set thresholds to have items added to your shopping list automatically when you get low!
• Enter and track daily totals for calories and/or points for each meal and recipe
• Import recipes from popular recipe websites, and add your own favorite recipes
• Create a shopping list automatically based on the meal plans you’ve created
• Set item prices per store for comparison shopping and estimating your total bill
• Access your data through the Menu Planner website (www.menu-planner.com) using your home computer
• Universal app that runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
★ Additional Features:
• Mark items as favorites to quickly add them to your shopping list
• Add your own images to recipes
• Sync your data between multiple devices
• Supports custom stores for your shopping lists
• Easily swap meals from one date to another.
• Add your own meal types (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, etc).
• Organize food and recipes by creating your own categories
• Add notes to meals
• Move individual meals to a different date
• Copy individual meals to a different date
• Email meal plans
• Email shopping lists
• Email recipes
• Free online backup and restore of your data
• Barcode scanner for quickly adding new items
• Print (or email) a monthly or weekly meal plan directly to an AirPrint compatible printer (iPad version only at this time)
Some reviews had said this app was not user friendly, which almost prevented me from spending the $2.99. However, after using it for only one evening, I did just fine and figured everything out with no problems.
Very pleased with this app and used it tonight to get to my meal plan and accessed my recipes without having to go to separate recipe sites to get to all that I needed. Well worth $2.99.
I am on day 4 of health and so far my days look something like this….
16oz hot water with lemon and 5 drops of stevia
Juice (OR) 1/3 cup cooked oatmeal w almond milk, chia seeds
1oz wheat grass
raw fruit (OR) veggies w hummus (OR) juice
Dinner for lunch (made light) eat till satisfied, stop before I am full.
raw fruits and veggies or juice
2 cups (already popped) popcorn in coconut oil with Parmesan sprinkled
3+ miles every day
25 min stretch using Miranda Esmonde’s stretch dvd
stopping throughout the day to work a muscle group, stretch, etc
8+ hours of sleep
As I get older, 33 now, (gasp) I realize how much of my life has lacked balance. My personality is “all or nothing.” I see how that has both enabled and hindered me. That is why I am either juice fasting or ice cream fasting. As I begin to realize the lack of balance, I can adjust my life to walk this tight rope of strength and health.
BALANCE is the KEY!
I am not juice fasting at this time, because I need to aim for the balance of healthy eating and exercise to reach my goal and KEEP it. I love juice fasting, but until I can understand balance, it will never work the way I want it to. Does this make sense?
I cannot believe I have waited this long to try wheatgrass! It was great. I had a 1oz shot at my local juice bar.
Benefits of One Shot of Wheatgrass Juice
**One ounce contains 103 vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
**One ounce of wheatgrass juice represents as much nutritional value as approximately 2.5 pounds of fresh green vegetables.
**Wheatgrass juice is high in chlorophyll.
**It is very high in vitamins A, B-Complex, C, E and K.
**Wheatgrass juice is a natural source of laetrile (B-17).
**It contains beta-carotene, which is found in red, green and yellow pigmented fruits and vegetables. Beta-carotene acts as a scavenger against harmful molecules flowing naturally through the body or through toxins inhaled from cigarette smoke, air pollution and other damaging sources.
**Wheatgrass cleanses, purifies and feeds the body by activating the white blood cells, which boost the body’s immune system.
**Wheatgrass juice is also beneficial for people who need to lose weight or cleanse their bodies.
Learn More: Juicingforhealth.com