This teaching changed my life. How many times have I opened Scripture to read the Word of YHVH and said, “ABBA, I don’t understand but I believe You. Help me to understand!!” I would read and read and read, knowing that Yeshua was speaking to me, but it never quite made sense. It was like I couldn’t move on to the substance, the “meat.” I was in this place of seeing the surface but blinded to the depth of Yahshua. While I don’t seek to convince myself that I fully understand, I do believe that I am beginning to see the heart of YHVH and it is deep and wide and beautiful. Full of promise and love to those who will seek the end from the beginning!
Jim Staley : Who Is Israel? – One (of several) teachings that changed my life
Who am I? – Notes from Who is Israel? – Jim Staley
- Common Myths
- Jewish people are the “chosen people”
- The Torah and the Law was given to the Jews
- The Passover that Yeshua kept along with the other Feast Days of the bible that the disciples kept were “Jewish” Feast Days
- How many tribes were at the base of Mt Sinai?
- ALL 12 TRIBES!
- Asher, Zebulun, Dan, Naphtali, Benjamin, Reuben, Gad, Levi, Issachar, Simeon, Judah, Joseph
- Of the 12 tribes how many were Jewish?
- One Jewish tribe! The tribe of Judah.
The Jewish people cannot own the Holy Days, they are only one tribe!
- First born blessing split in 2 – Usually all went to one person
- Kingship, preeminence, priestly blessing – JUDAH
- Double material portion – JOSEPH
- Blessing of Manasseh and Ephraim:
(17) And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father’s hand, to remove it from Ephraim’s head unto Manasseh’s head.
(18) And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.
(19) And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.
- Ephraim, the younger gets the blessing of the Multitude of Nations
- Multitude of Nations – ??
- Hebrew – melo ha’ goyim – Fullness of the Gentiles
- Gentile – out of covenant!
- to be a Gentile Christian is to be an out of covenant christian… *Not something to brag about
- Abraham —-> Isaac —-> Jacob —-> Ephraim
- Ephraim now carries the blessing of the “House of Israel” *Multitude of Nations
- Standing at the river
(15) But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of Yahweh thy Elohim, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
(64) And Yahweh shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other elohim, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.
(1) These are the words of the covenant, which Yahweh commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb.
- additions to the covenant at Mt Sinai
(13) That he may establish thee to day for a people unto himself, and that he may be unto thee an Elohim, as he hath said unto thee, and as he hath sworn unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.
- Not only the present physical but throughout the generations
- Those of the promise
- Children of the covenant
- All future Israelites and anyone that would attach themselves to the Israelites
- Time of the kings
- Israelites take back Canaan and want a king
- Kings – Saul, David, and Solomon
- Under these three kings all 12 tribes were ruled
- Solomon screws up
1 Kings 11:31-33
(31) And he said to Jeroboam, Take thee ten pieces: for thus saith Yahweh, the Elohim of Israel, Behold, I will rend the kingdom out of the hand of Solomon, and will give ten tribes to thee:
(32) But he shall have one tribe for my servant David’s sake, and for Jerusalem’s sake, the city which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel: (WHY?)
(33) Because that they have forsaken me, and have worshipped Ashtoreth the elohim of the Zidonians, Chemosh the elohim of the Moabites, and Milcom the elohim of the children of Ammon, and have not walked in my ways, to do that which is right in mine eyes, and to keep my statutes and my judgments, as did David his father.
- Who is Ashtoreth? Ishtar – EASTER – the sun-god’s (re-incarnated nimrod) wife! ><
- 10 Tribes North
- “House of Israel” , “House of Joseph” , or just “Ephraim”
- 2 Tribes South
- “House of Judah” , because Judah received first born blessing
- Northern Kingdom does not heed warning
- taken captive by Assyria in 722 BC
- never to return
- Judah also plays the harlot
- taken into captivity in 586 BC into Babylon for 70 years
- Most of Judah came back from Babylon
- Over time the Northern house assimilates into the nations and became as Gentiles (Goyim) just as it was said to Ephraim
(1) And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither Yahweh thy Elohim hath driven thee,
(2) And shalt return unto Yahweh thy Elohim, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul
- This is not Egypt. Egypt already happened. He is talking about the future.
(3) That then Yahweh thy Elohim will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither Yahweh thy Elohim hath scattered thee.
(4) If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will Yahweh thy Elohim gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:
(5) And Yahweh thy Elohim will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
(6) And Yahweh thy Elohim will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love Yahweh thy Elohim with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
- Has the Northern Kingdoms come back yet? *No
- By NT times most still knew their tribe according to Josephus
- over the 2000 years they would lost their identity as the “House of Israel” totally fulfilling prophecy.
- Messiah, right now, is searching out the lost sheep. Gathering them to bring them home!
- Who are the “sheep”?
(3) To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
(4) And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
(7) Then said Yahshua unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
- House of Israel are:
(17) Israel is a scattered sheep; the lions have driven him away: first the king of Assyria hath devoured him; and last this Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon hath broken his bones.
(12) I will surely assemble, O Jacob, all of thee; I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together as the sheep of Bozrah, as the flock in the midst of their fold: they shall make great noise by reason of the multitude of men.
(16) Therefore say, Thus saith the Sovereign Yahweh; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come.
- Scattered sheep
(12) As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
- Front of the Book is the NT concealed, Back of the book is the OT revealed!
- Who is the Great Shepherd?
- Characteristics of the House of Judah
- They have the law (Genesis 49:10)
- They will reject Messiah
- They did not lose identity because they came back after captivity
- They are called those that are near (Daniel 9:7)
(10) The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
(7) O Yahweh, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.
- Characteristics of the House of Ephraim (Israel)
- Northern 10 tribes
- Dispersed after captivity
- Live among gentiles (Hosea 8:8)
- They have forgotten the name of their God (Jeremiah 23:27)
- They are wealthy (Genesis 49:22)
- Do not understand or keep law (Hosea 8:10)
- They are called “not my people” “son of the Living God” (Hosea 2:23) “those that are far off” (Isaiah 57:19) and “lost sheep” (Jeremiah 50:6)
- Majority will come from the west (Hosea 13:15)
(8) Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure.
(27) Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.
(22) Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:
(10) Yea, though they have hired among the nations, now will I gather them, and they shall sorrow a little for the burden of the king of princes.
(23) And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my Elohim.
(19) I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith Yahweh; and I will heal him.
(6) My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their resting place.
(15) Though he be fruitful among his brethren, an east wind shall come, the wind of Yahweh shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up: he shall spoil the treasure of all pleasant vessels.
- Gentiles in Scripture?
1 Peter 1:1
(1) Peter, an apostle of Yahshua the Messiah, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
- Galatia – N Kingdom Israelites dispersed!
(1) Jacob, a servant of Yahweh and of the Master Yahshua the Messiah, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
- Ever wonder why Pagan Gentiles who hated Jews would so readily accept a Jewish Messiah?
- They weren’t Pagan Gentiles
- They were Israelite Gentiles
(9) For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
(33) Then said Yahshua unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.
(34) Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.
(35) Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?
- Most of the people Paul was preaching to were the Northern 10 Tribes of the House of Israel… The Israelite Gentiles!
(24) Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only,(House of Judah!!) but also of the Gentiles?
(10) Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living El.
(14) Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
(15) Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. (Paul was a Torah scholar who knew the mission of Messiah)
(33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith Yahweh, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their Elohim, and they shall be my people.
- Olive Trees
(16) Yahweh called thy name, A green olive tree, fair, and of goodly fruit: with the noise of a great tumult he hath kindled fire upon it, and the branches of it are broken.
- Romans is all about the olive tree
- 2 Trees – One cultivated, One wild
- Grafted in to what?
(24) For if thou were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
- The Olive Tree as Israel
(25) For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.
(26) And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written (in Isaiah 59:20), There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away wickedness from Jacob:
(27) For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
1 John 3:4
(4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
(11) Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision (Out of covenant) by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
(12) That at that time ye were without the Messiah, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without Yahweh in the world:
(13) But now in the Messiah Yahshua ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of the Messiah.
(14) For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
(15) Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace
- Abolishes the “tickets” of sin. The sin is nailed to the cross.
(16) And that he might reconcile both unto Elohim in one body by the [torture] stake, having slain the enmity thereby:
(17) And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. (Isaiah 57:18-19)
(18) For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
(19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of Elohim;
- Who did Messiah come for?
(16) And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
(51) And this spoke he (Caiaphas) not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Yahshua should die for that nation;
(52) And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of Elohim that were scattered abroad.
(24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
- Why did Messiah really come?
(8) And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
- How can YHVH divorce and ask for her back?
(1) They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man’s, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith Yahweh.
- Problem? YHVH said, if you divorce your wife and she marries another you cannot have her back. Ever!
(1) Know ye not, brethren, for I speak to them that know the law, how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
(2) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
(3) So then if, while her husband liveth, she becomes another man’s, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she become another man’s.
Our husband is Yeshua!
(4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of the Messiah; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto Elohim.
- The bridegroom died for his bride! AMEN!
- Freed from the law (OF ADULTERY)
- I have crossed over from death to life
(49) One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.
- Grafted in!